Healthy Chicken Kiev
3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
small handful of finely chopped parsley
zest of half a lemon
seasoning to taste
4 chicken breasts
200g polenta flour
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp oregano
½ tsp onion salt
seasoning to taste
• Mix the garlic, butter, parsley, lemon zest together and season
to taste. Place a sheet of cling-film on your worktop and plop
the butter mixture into the centre. Wrap to form into a sausage
shape and either freezer if making beforehand, or chill in the
fridge while you prepare the chicken crust.
• In a bowl, place the polenta or ground almonds in the bowl and
add the parsley, oregano, onion salt and season to taste.
• In another bowl, add a beaten egg.
• Place your chicken onto your chopping board. Use a sharp knife
and make a deep pocket into the breast, making sure you don’t
cut right the way through the chicken!
• Remove the garlic from the fridge or freezer. Cut into thick
chunks and place 1 or 2 chunks into each of the chicken
pockets. You need to try to ensure the chicken is sealed –
dipping it into the egg and flour mixture will help give a protective
coating to prevent the butter leaking out.
• Dip the chicken into the flour, then the egg mixture, then into the
flour mixture for the final time. Place onto your greased baking
tray. You can pop these into the fridge to chill until you are ready
to cook them.
• Bake in the oven at 180c for 20-25 minutes until golden.
Warm Beetroot, Feta &
2-3 beetroots, peeled and cubed
2-3 parsnips, peeled and cubed
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
Coconut oil or olive oil
1 tsp. dried oregano
100g seasonal salad leaves, washed
1 red onion, sliced (or spring onions, sliced)
1 red pepper, sliced
1 tsp. coconut oil
100g feta cheese
• Preheat the oven to 200˚c
• Place the cubed root vegetables (all cubed to a
similar size) in a roasting tin.
• Sprinkle with oregano, sea salt, black pepper and a
drizzle of melted coconut oil or olive oil.
• Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes, or until
soft and sweet.
• Meanwhile, place the leaf salad in your serving
dishes. Add the chopped red onion (or spring
onions) and the red pepper. Toss to ensure it is
• In a small sauté pan, add 1 tsp. coconut oil and your
pine nuts. Toast gently until they are just starting to
darken. Leave to one side.
• When the vegetables are cooked simply place in the
centre of your leaf salad.
Finish with a sprinkle of feta cheese and your
walnuts. Serve immediately