Lamb, Chickpea and
1 tsp olive oil or coconut oil
1 large red onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
400g lamb, diced
3-4 tsps harissa paste or hot chilli paste
2 tsps ground cinnamon powder
1-2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
1 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
400ml water or stock
100g chopped apricots
Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
• In large casserole dish, heat the olive oil or coconut
oil before adding the onion, garlic and lamb. Cook for
• Add harissa paste and stir well for 3 minutes.
• Add all remaining ingredients and cook slowly for
1 hour on low heat setting on your hob. If you have
a slow cooker, this recipe is perfect and makes the
meat really tender. Cook for 6-8 hours in the slow
• Garnish with coriander leaves before serving.
Golden Salmon Fillets
4 salmon fillets (Approximately 150g each)
100g cream cheese
60g polenta (cornmeal)
1 tbsp. chives
1 tbsp. parsley
2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
Zest of a lemon
• Preheat the oven to 180˚c
• Place polenta, chives, parsley, parmesan and lemon
zest in a bowl and combine well.
• Cover the top and side of the fillets in cream cheese
• Dip into the polenta mixture ensuring they are well
covered and then place on a greased/lined baking tray.
• Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
• Serve with salad.
HEALTHY FOOD RECIPES